Canva Templates is reader supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Great graphic design is powered by great font selection. But picking great fonts is a challenge for most people. Luckily, Canva has made adding great fonts to your designs much easier. In this tutorial, our team of design experts will cover the best aesthetic fonts in Canva.
What are Aesthetic Fonts?
When we talk about “aesthetic” in the context of typography, we’re often referring to the visual qualities that make a font pleasing or interesting to look at. Here are some characteristics that aesthetic fonts often share:
- Readability: Aesthetic fonts should be easily legible. Good kerning (spacing between letters), appropriate x-height (relative height of lowercase letters), and clear letterforms all contribute to readability.
- Harmony: All elements of the typeface should work together harmoniously. The stroke width, height, and shape of the letters should feel unified.
- Proportionality: Aesthetic fonts often have well-balanced proportions. This refers to the relative size of different parts of the letters to each other.
- Versatility: While not a requirement, many aesthetic fonts have versatility – meaning they look good in a variety of sizes and applications, from body text to headlines.
- Intricacy or Simplicity: Depending on the context, aesthetic fonts may be intricate and detailed, or they may be minimalist and simple.
- Consistency: This refers to the repetition of specific design elements across different letters in a typeface. For example, the curvature of the ‘b’ should be echoed in the ‘d,’ ‘p,’ and ‘q’.
- Unique Personality: The font should convey a certain mood or emotion, this can be anything from professional and serious, to fun and whimsical.
- Historical or Cultural References: Some aesthetic fonts are based on or inspired by particular historical periods, cultural movements, or even specific geographic locations.
- Innovation: Sometimes, the most aesthetically pleasing fonts are those that break the rules in innovative ways, challenging our expectations about what a typeface can look like.
- Variety of Weights and Styles: The best typefaces offer a variety of weights (from light to bold) and styles (italic, condensed, etc.). This makes them more flexible and capable of expressing a wider range of tones.
Best Canva Aesthetic Fonts
Mak is a versatile font with a modern, minimalist aesthetic. It’s characterized by clean lines, sharp edges, and a uniform stroke width. The font often lends a sleek, professional look to any design.
Waterlily is a calligraphy-style font that’s feminine and delicate, with thin, flowing lines and elegant curves. It’s ideal for creating romantic or whimsical designs, and adds a touch of sophistication to any project.
3. Black Gold Display Rough
Black Display Gold is a display typeface with a bold, condensed design and an Art Deco-inspired style. It has a striking appearance and is often used for headlines and titles.
Belleza is a sophisticated and stylish sans-serif font with a strong Art Deco influence. Its distinctive character shapes and high contrast make it ideal for headlines, logos, and other display purposes, where it can add a touch of elegance and refinement.
5. Marty Two
Marty Two is a unique, rounded font with a playful vibe. Its letters have an irregular, bouncing baseline that gives a lively feel to designs.
6. Lovelace Text
Lovelace Text is a playful, hand-drawn font with a whimsical feel, resembling handwritten notes.
Holiday is a handwritten script font that features a flowing, casual style. It often conveys a relaxed, friendly tone and is great for informal designs or when a personal touch is needed.
8. Architects Daughter
Architects Daughter is a font mimics architectural handwriting – clear and legible, but with a personal touch. It’s clean yet informal.
9. Magnolia Script
Magnolia Script is a free script typeface that includes both Latin and Cyrillic characters. Its letterforms are round and flowing, creating a smooth, organic feel that’s great for casual or creative applications.
10. TAN Mon Cheri
TAN Mon Cheri is is an elegant sans serif font. The thin and minimalist strokes evoke a sense a of calm and harmony.
I hope you found this guide covering the best aesthetic fonts in Canva, useful! Be sure to check out our blog for more article covering the essential tips, tricks, and advice for Canva! Also, if you haven’t already tried CanvaPro, you can try it for free for 30 days!