Great graphic design is powered by great font selection. But picking great fonts is a challenge most people. Luckily, Canva has made adding great fonts to your designs much easier. In this tutorial, our team of design experts will cover the best 80s fonts in Canva.
What is an 80s Font?
80s style fonts are fonts that reflect the design trends and aesthetic of the 1980s. Some characteristics of 80s style fonts include:
- Bold and vibrant: 80s style fonts are often bold and vibrant, with strong colors and thick lines that make a statement.
- Geometric shapes: These fonts may incorporate geometric shapes, such as squares, circles, and triangles, into their letterforms, giving them a more structured and precise feel.
- Neon colors: 80s style fonts often use neon colors or bright, bold hues that were popular during the 80s.
- Futuristic: Some 80s style fonts may have a futuristic feel, with sharp lines and angular letterforms that evoke a sense of technology and innovation.
- Gradient effects: 80s style fonts may feature gradient effects, such as a color gradient within the letterforms or a gradient shadow, which were common in 80s design.
- Pixelated or 8-bit style: Some 80s style fonts may have a pixelated or 8-bit style, which reflects the popular video game and computer graphics of the time.
Best 80s Fonts in Canva
Oswald is a bold, sans-serif font that is modern and elegant. It has a geometric design with round edges, making it easy to read at smaller sizes. Oswald is a popular choice for headings and titles in both print and digital design.
Robolt is a futuristic display font with a geometric, angular design. It features thin, sharp lines and pointed corners, giving it a modern, high-tech look.
Metropolis is a modern, geometric sans-serif font that has a unique, condensed design. It was inspired by the industrial typography of the 1920s and 30s and has since become a popular choice for creating a retro or vintage look. It’s often used in branding, logos, and print design.
4. AC Compacta
AC Compacta is a condensed, sans-serif font that has a bold, geometric design. It was originally designed in the 1980s and has since become a popular choice for creating a futuristic or technological look. It’s often used in advertising, logos, and posters.
Neoneon is a display font that has a bold, neon-like design. It was inspired by the neon signs of the 80s and has since become a popular choice for creating a retro or vintage look. Neoneon is often used in posters, logos, and branding. It’s perfect for creating a fun and playful design.
Yesteryear is a vintage-style font that has a classic, retro design. It is a serif font that has a hand-drawn feel, giving it a unique and personal touch. The letters have a slightly distressed look, which adds to the vintage vibe of the font.
7. Mokoto Glitch 2
Mokoto Glitch 2 is a distorted and fragmented font with a glitch-style design. It’s perfect for creating experimental and futuristic designs, or for adding a creative and unconventional touch to any project. Its distorted shapes and fractured letterforms make it highly customizable, giving it a unique and personalized feel.
8. Space Mono
Space Mono is a monospaced font developed by Colophon Foundry that is designed to be easy to read on both screen and print. It has a retro-futuristic look and includes a wide range of characters, including Cyrillic and Greek.
Monoton is a bold, condensed font that has a retro, 80s-style design. It has a high contrast and a strong presence, making it a popular choice for creating impactful headlines and titles. Monoton is often used in advertising and posters.
Nexa is a modern, geometric sans-serif font that is versatile and easy to read. It has a clean, minimal design that is perfect for a variety of design projects, including branding, logos, and web design. Nexa is available in several weights, making it easy to customize to your needs.
I hope you found this guide covering the best 80s fonts in Canva, useful! Be sure to check out our blog for more article covering the essential tips, tricks, and advice for Canva! Also, if you haven’t already tried CanvaPro, you can try it for free for 30 days!