Canva Templates is reader supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Great graphic design is powered by great font selection. But picking great fonts is a challenge most people. Luckily, Canva has made adding great fonts to your designs much easier. In this tutorial, our team of design experts will cover the best Terminal Fonts in Canva that simulate a command line on a computer.
What Are Terminal Style Fonts?
Terminal fonts, also known as monospace fonts, are a type of font in which each character takes up the same amount of horizontal space, regardless of its width. Some of the characteristics of terminal fonts are:
- Fixed width: Each character in a terminal font takes up the same amount of horizontal space. This makes them well-suited for tasks like coding or typing, where alignment and readability are important.
- Consistent spacing: The consistent spacing in terminal fonts makes them easy to read and scan quickly, as each character lines up with the ones before and after it.
- Plain and simple design: Terminal fonts tend to have a simple and plain design, with minimal ornamentation or decorative elements. This helps to keep the focus on the text itself, rather than on the font’s design.
- Highly legible: Terminal fonts are designed to be highly legible, even at small sizes. This makes them useful for applications like programming or terminal windows, where the text may be small and the characters must be easily distinguishable.
- Narrow letters: Terminal fonts tend to have narrow letters that allow for more text to fit on a single line, without requiring line breaks or wrapping.
- Geometric shapes: Many terminal fonts have a geometric, angular design, with letters that are constructed from straight lines and sharp angles. This can give them a modern and technical appearance.
- Consistent letter size: Terminal fonts typically have consistent letter sizes, regardless of the specific letter. This helps to create a sense of uniformity and consistency in the text.
Best Terminal Fonts in Canva
1. IBM Plex Mono
IBM Plex Mono is a monospaced font developed by IBM that is intended to be easy to read and suitable for both display and body text. It has a modern look and includes a wide range of characters, including Cyrillic and Greek.
2. Roboto Mono
Roboto Mono is a monospaced font that is part of the Roboto font family, developed by Google. It has a clean, modern look and is designed to be easy to read on both screen and print.
3. Fira Code
Fira Code is a monospaced font designed specifically for coding that includes special ligatures that combine common programming symbols into a single glyph. This can make code easier to read and understand.
4. Anonymous Pro
Anonymous Pro is a monospaced font that is similar in style to the ubiquitous Anonymous mask used by the hacktivist group Anonymous. It has a clean, modern look and is designed to be easy to read at both small and large sizes.
5. JetBrains Mono
JetBrains Mono is a monospaced font developed by JetBrains, the company behind popular development tools like IntelliJ IDEA and PyCharm. It has a clean, modern look and includes a number of features designed specifically for coding, such as ligatures and customizable character widths.
6. Anca Coder
Anca Coder is a monospaced font that was specifically designed for use in software development. It has a clean, modern look and is designed to be easy to read at small sizes.
7. Aliens and Cow
Aliens and Cow is a monospaced font with a fun, whimsical look. It includes a number of unusual characters and is suitable for use in creative and playful contexts.
8. Roboto Condensed
Roboto Condensed is a condensed version of the Roboto font family, developed by Google. It has a clean, modern look and is designed to be easy to read on both screen and print.
Cousine is a monospaced font developed by Ascender Corporation that is similar in style to the popular Verdana font. It has a clean, modern look and is designed to be easy to read at small sizes.
10. Space Mono
Space Mono is a monospaced font developed by Colophon Foundry that is designed to be easy to read on both screen and print. It has a retro-futuristic look and includes a wide range of characters, including Cyrillic and Greek.
I hope you found this guide covering the best terminal fonts in Canva, useful! Be sure to check out our blog for more article covering the essential tips, tricks, and advice for Canva! Also, if you haven’t already tried CanvaPro, you can try it for free for 30 days!