Great graphic design is powered by great font selection. But picking great fonts is a challenge most people. Luckily, Canva has made adding great fonts to your designs much easier. In this tutorial, our team of design experts will cover the best military fonts in Canva.
What is a Military Font?
Military style fonts are fonts that are designed to have a strong, authoritative, and no-nonsense feel, often associated with the military and other branches of law enforcement. Some characteristics of military style fonts include:
- Serif: Military style fonts are often serif, with a bold and straightforward design that is easy to read.
- Tall and narrow: These fonts have tall and narrow letters that can give the impression of strength and discipline.
- Blocky and angular: Military style fonts can have blocky and angular designs, with sharp corners and straight lines that can create a sense of order and discipline.
- Limited ornamentation: These fonts may have limited ornamentation or decorative elements, with a focus on simplicity and functionality.
- Monospaced: Military style fonts may be monospaced, meaning that each character takes up the same amount of horizontal space, which can create a clean and uniform appearance.
- Versatile: Military style fonts can be used in a variety of designs, from logos and branding materials to posters, packaging, and apparel.
Best Military Fonts in Canva
1. Fira Code
Fira Code is a monospaced font designed for programming and computer science. It includes ligatures, which are special characters that combine multiple symbols into a single glyph for improved legibility.
2. Rumble Brave
Rumble Brave is a display vintage font by Alit Design. It contains a complete pack of glyphs, including capitals as well as lowercase letters, numbers, symbols, and also multilingual characters.
Robolt is a futuristic display font with a geometric, angular design. It features thin, sharp lines and pointed corners, giving it a modern, high-tech look.
Badger is a font that can make it easier to convey the message in your design. The Bold and authoritative font is used for awesome display, labeling, clothing, movie scenes, poster, movie title, gigs, album covers, logos, and much more.
Orion is a futuristic display font with a bold, angular design. It features thick, blocky letters with sharp corners and a high-tech aesthetic.
6. Armies Display
Armies Display is a bold and impactful font with a military-inspired design. Its tall and narrow letterforms give it a strong and authoritative feel, making it a great choice for projects related to security, defense, or law enforcement. It works well for logos, headlines, and editorial designs.
7. Special Elite
Special Elite mimics the Smith Corona Special Elite Type Number NR6 and Remington Noiseless typewriter models. A little bit of inked-up grunge and a little old-school analog flavor work together to give you a vintage typewriter typeface for your website and designs.
8. Squada One
Squada One is the perfect font to make a lasting impression on any webpage. Its bold presence and geometric, condensed form allow for a setting in any context. Squada One can be used at any size while still maintaining clarity and smoothness.
Telegraf combines the forms of mid-century grotesks with rigid angles. As its weight increases, Telegraf’s counters become more rectangular, to help with on-screen viewing at small sizes, and to increase impact at large sizes.
10. Intro Rust Base Shade
Intro Rust Base Shade is a distressed and textured font with a shadow effect that gives the letters a rugged appearance.
I hope you found this guide covering the best military fonts in Canva, useful! Be sure to check out our blog for more article covering the essential tips, tricks, and advice for Canva! Also, if you haven’t already tried CanvaPro, you can try it for free for 30 days!