Disclosure: Some of the links in this article may be affiliate links, meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will receive a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Read our full affiliate disclosure here.
Great graphic design is powered by great font selection. But picking great fonts is a challenge for most people. Luckily, Canva has made adding great fonts to your designs much easier. In this tutorial, our team of design experts will cover the best racing fonts in Canva.
What are Racing Fonts?
Racing fonts, often seen on car logos, racing team branding, or sports merchandise, are characterized by their dynamic, bold, and striking attributes. Here are some characteristics typically associated with racing fonts:
- Bold and Heavy: Racing fonts are usually thick, bold, and heavy to draw immediate attention and signify power and speed.
- Italics and Slant: Many racing fonts have a forward tilt or are italicized to create a sense of motion, speed, and forward direction.
- Sans Serif: Racing fonts often belong to the sans-serif family, providing a clean, modern look that aids readability at high speeds or from a distance.
- Geometric Shapes: Some racing fonts may incorporate geometric shapes or sharp, angled lines to convey a sense of modernity and precision.
- Large X-height: Racing fonts often have a large X-height (the height of lowercase letters), which helps in maintaining legibility, especially when the font is viewed from a distance or at high speeds.
- Streamlined: The design of racing fonts is typically streamlined, mimicking the aerodynamic shapes found in the racing world.
- Wide Letter Spacing: Wide letter spacing is common to increase legibility and add a stylized look.
- Unique Letter Designs: To create distinctiveness, letters in racing fonts often have unique designs, such as extending the ends of the letters or adding extra lines to suggest motion.
Best Canva Racing Fonts
1. Racing Sans One
Racing Sans One is a display font designed by Impallari Type. The font is a tribute to the high contrast sans-serif typefaces that were used in the late 18th century, before the introduction of Helvetica and Univers. Racing Sans One features a bold and distinctive style with thick and thin lines that create a strong contrast. The font is perfect for use in branding, posters, headlines, and other design projects where a bold and eye-catching font is desired.
Bangers is a playful and energetic font that features a bold and chunky design with rounded letterforms. The font is characterized by a retro and casual feel, making it ideal for use in headlines, titles, and other display applications where a fun and lively look is desired. The font’s bold and playful style makes it perfect for projects such as posters, banners, logos, and branding materials.
Boxing is a font that is bold, impactful, and carries a sporty vibe. It is used for headlines or other places where you want to draw attention.
Pacifico is a friendly, rounded script typeface inspired by 1950s American surf culture. It was created by designer Vernon Adams and has a casual, relaxed feel, making it perfect for informal designs.
5. Carter One
Carter One is a bold and condensed display font with strong geometric letterforms. It features sharp corners and angular strokes, giving it a modern and edgy look. The letters have a high contrast between thick and thin lines, creating a visually striking impact. Carter One is often used for headlines, titles, and other attention-grabbing typography.
Play is a sans-serif typeface with a casual, youthful vibe. Its rounded shapes and simple lines make it readable and versatile.
7. Bungee Shade
Bungee Shade is a display font that features a unique 3D shading effect. The characters appear as if they are popping out of the page, with a shadow cast below them. The font has a bold and playful style, with rounded edges and thick strokes. It is designed to be attention-grabbing and is well-suited for use in headings, titles, and other large text settings.
Magz is a sans-serif font designed by Fontfabric. It has a modern and minimalistic look with clean lines and rounded edges. The letters are slightly condensed with a generous x-height, making it easy to read even at small sizes.
9. Gennaro Rough
Gennaro Rough is a distressed and grungy font with a hand-drawn appearance. It features irregular and rough edges, simulating the look of ink or paint applied with a brush or pen. The letters have an organic and textured feel, giving a sense of artistic expression and rebelliousness. Gennaro Rough is often utilized in designs that require a rugged and edgy style.
10. Rubik One
Rubik One is a sans-serif font designed by Philipp Hubert and Sebastian Fischer at Hubert and Fischer. It is part of the Rubik font family, which was designed as part of the Chrome Cube Lab project. Rubik One is a monospaced variation of the Rubik font family, which means that each character has the same width. The font features a clean and modern design with a slightly rounded corners and a geometric structure. Rubik One is perfect for use in branding, logos, headlines, posters, and other design projects where a modern and sophisticated look is desired.
I hope you found this guide covering the best racing fonts in Canva, useful! Be sure to check out our blog for more article covering the essential tips, tricks, and advice for Canva! Also, if you haven’t already tried CanvaPro, you can try it for free for 30 days!