Canva Templates is reader supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Great graphic design is powered by great font selection. But picking great fonts is a challenge most people. Luckily, Canva has made adding great fonts to your designs much easier. In this tutorial, our team of design experts will cover the best paint brush fonts in Canva.
What Are Paint Brush Fonts?
Paint brush fonts are characterized by their distinctive appearance that mimics the strokes and textures created by a paintbrush. Some key features of paint brush fonts include:
- Handwritten appearance: Paint brush fonts often have a natural, organic, and handmade feel, resembling the look of text written or painted by hand using a brush.
- Varied stroke thickness: These fonts often exhibit a range of stroke thicknesses within individual characters, reflecting the varying pressure applied by the paintbrush during writing or painting.
- Textured edges: The edges of the strokes in paint brush fonts can be rough, textured, or irregular, mimicking the appearance of bristles or the uneven distribution of paint on a surface.
- Irregular baseline: Paint brush fonts may have an inconsistent or wavy baseline, adding to the casual and free-flowing appearance of the text.
- Ligatures and connected strokes: Some paint brush fonts feature ligatures or connected strokes between certain letter combinations, which can help achieve a more natural and fluid look, as if the text were painted in a single continuous motion.
- Unique letterforms: Characters in paint brush fonts often have distinctive shapes and features that differ from traditional typefaces, reflecting the individual style and personality of the artist or designer.
- Expressive and artistic: Paint brush fonts tend to be more expressive and artistic compared to standard typefaces, making them ideal for creative projects, such as logos, posters, invitations, or packaging designs where a unique and eye-catching appearance is desired.
- Limited legibility: Due to their unconventional shapes and textures, paint brush fonts can sometimes be less legible than more traditional fonts, especially at smaller sizes or when used for large blocks of text. As a result, they are often used for headlines, titles, or short phrases rather than body text.
Best Canva Paint Brush Fonts
1. WC Mano Negra Bold
WC Mano Negra Bold is a bold, grungy display font with a heavily textured, hand-drawn appearance. Its gritty, urban style is well-suited for projects that require an edgy, streetwise touch, like posters, album covers, or graffiti-inspired designs.
Lacquer is a bold and striking display font with a high-contrast, brushstroke-inspired design. Its thick, heavy strokes and slightly tapered edges give it a modern, edgy appearance, making it ideal for eye-catching headlines, posters, album covers, or any project that requires a strong visual impact and a contemporary feel.
Waterlily is a beautiful, handwritten script font with a gentle and flowing appearance. Its delicate, calligraphic letterforms, featuring elegant swashes and graceful curves, make it perfect for projects that require a romantic, feminine, or artistic touch, such as wedding invitations, greeting cards, or boutique branding.
Seashore is a decorative display font that captures the essence of the beach and ocean with its wavy, flowing letterforms. Its organic shapes and playful style make it a fitting choice for projects with a nautical or coastal theme, such as invitations, signage, or packaging for beach-themed products.
Edo is a bold, all-caps display font inspired by Japanese design aesthetics and traditional woodblock prints. With its blocky, angular letterforms and slightly rough texture, Edo is a great choice for projects that require a strong visual impact, such as posters, logos, and headlines.
6. Permanent Marker
Permanent Marker is a bold, handwritten font that mimics the appearance of text written with a marker pen. Its thick, irregular strokes and casual, slightly messy style give it an authentic, hand-drawn feel, making it a great choice for projects that require a personal touch, such as posters, informal branding, or creative design elements.
Brusher is a modern and stylish brush script font characterized by its smooth and flowing letterforms. Its elegant yet casual appearance is well-suited for logos, fashion branding, and other design projects that require a contemporary and sophisticated touch.
8. Feeling Passionate
Feeling Passionate is an expressive, handwritten script font with a romantic and emotive quality. Its flowing and organic letterforms make it a fitting choice for wedding invitations, love-themed designs, and projects that require an intimate touch.
9. Have Heart One
Have Heart One is a bold, hand-drawn brush script font with a strong, dynamic style. Its thick strokes and irregular shapes lend themselves well to designs that require a sense of energy and movement, such as posters, logos, and apparel.
10. Finger Paint
Finger Paint is a playful, handwritten font that mimics the appearance of letters drawn with finger paint. Its casual and childlike style makes it perfect for children’s books, educational materials, or any design project that requires a fun and informal touch.
I hope you found this guide covering the best paint brush fonts in Canva, useful! Be sure to check out our blog for more article covering the essential tips, tricks, and advice for Canva! Also, if you haven’t already tried CanvaPro, you can try it for free for 30 days!