Disclosure: Some of the links in this article may be affiliate links, meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will receive a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Read our full affiliate disclosure here.
Great graphic design is powered by great font selection. But picking great fonts is a challenge most people. Luckily, Canva has made adding great fonts to your designs much easier. In this tutorial, our team of design experts will cover the best outline fonts in Canva.
What is an Outline Font?
Outline fonts typically share the following characteristics:
- Single layer: Outline fonts feature a single layer of lettering, with no enclosed spaces or solid areas.
- Thin lines: Outline fonts are characterized by thin, delicate lines that form the shape of the letterforms.
- Sans-serif or serif: Outline fonts can be either sans-serif or serif, depending on the designer’s preference and the intended use.
- High legibility: Outline fonts are typically designed to be highly legible, with clear letterforms and ample spacing between characters.
- Versatility: Outline fonts can be used in a wide variety of contexts, from formal to casual, depending on the design and the intended use.
- Limited variation: Outline fonts tend to have a limited range of variation in terms of weight and style, as they are intended to be consistent and easily recognizable across different media.
- Limited use: Outline fonts are not typically used for body copy or large blocks of text, but rather for headings, titles, and other short bursts of text where their impact can be fully appreciated. They are commonly used in branding, advertising, and other forms of visual communication that require a bold and modern style.
Best Canva Outline Fonts
1. Kompot Display Outline
Kompot Display Outline is a unique sans-serif font that features a hand-drawn style with a rough and uneven texture. The letters are bold and thick, with rounded edges and wide spacing. The outline version of the font creates a unique, vintage look that is perfect for a variety of design projects, including posters, logos, and branding materials.
2. Dingos Stamp Outline
Dingos Stamp is a decorative font designed by Typographer Mediengestaltung. The font features a stamp-like texture and a distressed, rough style, giving it a unique and vintage look. The letters are bold and chunky, with a hand-drawn feel, making it perfect for designs that require a rustic, handmade look.
Metropolis is a sans-serif font that was designed in 1927 by German typeface designer and teacher, Ludwig Goller. It was heavily influenced by the Art Deco movement of the time, which is reflected in its geometric shapes and clean lines. The font gained renewed popularity in the 21st century and is often used in modern designs that aim to evoke the glamour and sophistication of the 1920s and 30s.
4. Sprite Graffiti Shadow
Sprite Graffiti Shadow is a display font designed to look like graffiti with a three-dimensional effect. The font features bold, thick lines with a rough and textured style, giving it an edgy and street-inspired look. The shadows behind the letters make them appear as if they are popping off the page, adding to the overall graffiti feel of the font.
Neoneon is a decorative typeface designed to mimic the look of neon lights. It features a bold and heavy appearance with a slightly rounded and condensed design. The letters are made up of individual strokes that appear to be made from neon tubing, complete with dark borders and glowing interior colors. The font is often used to create a retro or nostalgic atmosphere, particularly for signage and branding applications.
6. Londrina Sketch
Londrina Sketch is a handwritten font with a rough texture. It has irregular lines and varying stroke weights, giving it a playful and informal look. It was designed by Brazilian graphic designer Marcelo Magalhães and is part of the Londrina font family.
7. Horizon Outline
Horizon Outline is a sans-serif font that features a thin outline design with clean and simple lines. It has a modern and minimalist style that makes it suitable for a variety of design projects such as logos, branding, titles, headings, and more. The font’s letters are tall and narrow with a consistent line width, and the outlines give it a distinctive and eye-catching appearance.
8. Quad Line
Quad Line is a geometric sans-serif font with squared lines and edges, giving it a very modern and minimalistic look.
9. Stenciliqo Extruded
Stenciliqo Extruded is a bold and impactful font with a stencil design that adds a touch of interest and texture to the font. The font is characterized by thick and chunky letterforms with a modern and industrial feel. The stencil design adds a three-dimensional appearance to the font, making it ideal for use in headlines, titles, and other display applications where a strong and dynamic look is desired. Overall
Rabanera is a decorative font with a calligraphic feel and elaborate flourishes.
I hope you found this guide covering the best outline fonts in Canva, useful! Be sure to check out our blog for more article covering the essential tips, tricks, and advice for Canva! Also, if you haven’t already tried CanvaPro, you can try it for free for 30 days!