Disclosure: Some of the links in this article may be affiliate links, meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will receive a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Read our full affiliate disclosure here.
Great graphic design is powered by great font selection. But picking great fonts is a challenge most people. Luckily, Canva has made adding great fonts to your designs much easier. In this tutorial, our team of design experts will cover the best hacker fonts in Canva.
What is a Hacker-Style Font?
Fonts that have a “hacker style” typically have the following characteristics:
- Monospace: Hackers often prefer monospaced fonts, where each character occupies the same amount of space on the screen. This allows for better alignment of code and makes it easier to read and follow.
- Low contrast: These fonts often have low contrast between thick and thin strokes, making them easier to read on computer screens for extended periods of time.
- Simplistic: Fonts with a hacker style are often simplistic, with few ornamental details or flourishes. This allows for greater legibility at small font sizes, which is important for reading code.
- Consistency: A consistent width and stroke weight throughout the font is also common in hacker-style fonts. This again helps with legibility and alignment in code.
- Futuristic: Many hacker-style fonts have a futuristic or technological look, with straight lines and sharp angles.
- Tall and narrow: Fonts with a hacker style often have a tall and narrow appearance, which helps to maximize screen real estate and make it easier to read large amounts of code on a single screen.
Best Hacker Fonts in Canva
1. Space Mono
Space Mono is a monospaced font developed by Colophon Foundry that is designed to be easy to read on both screen and print. It has a retro-futuristic look and includes a wide range of characters, including Cyrillic and Greek.
Robolt is a futuristic display font with a geometric, angular design. It features thin, sharp lines and pointed corners, giving it a modern, high-tech look.
3. Squartiqa Inline
Squartiqa Inline is a decorative display font that features a thick, bold, and condensed design with inline details. The font has a modern and futuristic appearance with geometric shapes and sharp corners.
Aurora is a stylized display font with a flowing, organic design. It features swirling curves and elegant, elongated letterforms that create a sense of movement and grace.
5. Space Age
Space Age is a retro-style font that was popularized in the 1960s. It features thin, rounded letterforms with a futuristic, space-inspired design.
6. IBM Plex Mono
IBM Plex Mono is a monospaced font developed by IBM that is intended to be easy to read and suitable for both display and body text. It has a modern look and includes a wide range of characters, including Cyrillic and Greek.
7. Fira Code
Fira Code is a monospaced font designed specifically for coding that includes special ligatures that combine common programming symbols into a single glyph. This can make code easier to read and understand.
8. Nine by Five
Nine by Five is a digital typeface that was designed by Jim Lyles in 1991. It is a bitmap font, which means that it is created using a grid of pixels, rather than vector shapes. The name “Nine by Five” refers to the dimensions of the font, which is 9 pixels wide and 5 pixels tall.
Orion is a futuristic display font with a bold, angular design. It features thick, blocky letters with sharp corners and a high-tech aesthetic.
Reesha is a decorative font with a flowing, script-like design. It features elegant, cursive letterforms with looping curves and delicate, serpentine lines.
I hope you found this guide covering the best hacker fonts in Canva, useful! Be sure to check out our blog for more article covering the essential tips, tricks, and advice for Canva! Also, if you haven’t already tried CanvaPro, you can try it for free for 30 days!