Canva Templates is reader supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Great graphic design is powered by great font selection. But picking great fonts is a challenge most people. Luckily, Canva has made adding great fonts to your designs much easier. In this tutorial, our team of design experts will cover the best bullet journal fonts in Canva.
What is a Bullet Journal Font?
Bullet journal fonts typically share the following characteristics:
- Handwritten style: Bullet journal fonts are often designed to mimic the look of handwriting, with letterforms that have a flowing and connected appearance.
- Consistent letter spacing: Bullet journal fonts often have consistent letter spacing, which makes them easy to read and aesthetically pleasing.
- Sans-serif: Most bullet journal fonts are sans-serif, which gives them a modern, streamlined look that is well-suited to contemporary design.
- High legibility: Bullet journal fonts are typically designed to be highly legible, with clear letterforms that are easy to read even at small sizes.
- Limited variation: Bullet journal fonts tend to have a limited range of variation in terms of weight and style, as they are intended to be consistent and easily recognizable across different media.
- Limited color palette: Bullet journal fonts are typically used in a limited color palette, with black or dark-colored text on a light-colored background.
- Limited use of capital letters: Bullet journal fonts often have a limited use of capital letters, with a preference for lowercase letters that reinforce their casual and approachable style.
- Limited use of flourishes: Bullet journal fonts often have a limited use of flourishes or decorative elements that reinforce their clean and functional style.
- Limited use: Bullet journal fonts are not typically used for body copy or large blocks of text, but rather for headings, titles, and other short bursts of text where their impact can be fully appreciated. They are commonly used in bullet journals, planners, and other forms of personal organization that require a functional and aesthetically pleasing style.
Best Canva Bullet Journal Fonts
1. Over The Rainbow
Over The Rainbow is a decorative display font with a whimsical, hand-drawn style. It features irregular, uneven letterforms with a playful appearance. It is often used in designs that require a touch of fun and lightheartedness.
2. TAN Mon Cheri
TAN Mon Cheri is a decorative script font designed by Typo Arts Studio. It features elegant and flowing characters with varying baseline heights and decorative swashes. The font has a romantic and feminine feel, making it suitable for projects such as wedding invitations, love letters, and other romantic-themed designs. It includes uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, punctuation, and multilingual support.
Univers is a sans-serif typeface designed by Adrian Frutiger in 1954. It is a modernist, geometric font with even stroke widths and clean lines. The design is known for its legibility and versatility, making it a popular choice for a wide range of applications from signage to digital interfaces.
Nice is a simple and modern sans-serif font that’s clean and easy to read. It’s versatile enough to be used for a variety of projects, and its minimalist style makes it a great choice for a wide range of designs.
5. Zen Kurenaido
Zen Kurenaido is a modern and sleek font that features a clean and minimalist design. The font is characterized by a sans-serif style with rounded edges, giving it a friendly and approachable appearance. The font’s simple and modern style makes it perfect for projects such as digital designs, websites, apps, logos, branding materials, and packaging designs. The font is often associated with a sense of simplicity and clarity, making it a popular choice for designs that require a minimalist and modern look.
Hero is a clean and modern sans-serif font designed by Fontfabric. It features a tall and narrow letterform with rounded edges and subtle curves. The font is available in several weights and styles, making it a versatile choice for a variety of design projects, from branding and packaging to headlines and body text. Its simplicity and legibility make it a popular choice for modern designs.
7. Carter One
Carter One is a bold and modern font that features a slab-serif design with a vintage twist. The font is characterized by thick and chunky letterforms with clean and precise lines, giving it a strong and impactful appearance. The slab-serif design adds a touch of interest and texture to the font, making it ideal for use in headlines, titles, and other display applications where a modern and classic look is desired.
Optima is a humanist sans-serif typeface designed by Hermann Zapf and released by the American Type Founders (ATF) in 1958. It features a unique blend of geometric shapes and calligraphic strokes, resulting in a distinctive and legible appearance. Optima has been widely used in print and digital media, including advertising, branding, and book design.
Alaska is a clean and modern sans-serif font with a slightly geometric design and excellent readability. Its versatile and contemporary appearance makes it suitable for a wide range of applications, including branding, web design, and editorial content.
Nunito is a clean and modern sans-serif font with a subtle geometric feel, ideal for use in a variety of contexts.
I hope you found this guide covering the best bullet journal fonts in Canva, useful! Be sure to check out our blog for more article covering the essential tips, tricks, and advice for Canva! Also, if you haven’t already tried CanvaPro, you can try it for free for 30 days!