Disclosure: Some of the links in this article may be affiliate links, meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will receive a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Read our full affiliate disclosure here.
Great graphic design is powered by great font selection. But picking great fonts is a challenge most people. Luckily, Canva has made adding great fonts to your designs much easier. In this tutorial, our team of design experts will cover the best Arabic Fonts in Canva.
What Are Arabic Style Fonts?
Arabic fonts have a unique and distinctive style that sets them apart from other writing systems. Some of the characteristics of Arabic fonts are:
- Cursive script: Arabic fonts are based on a cursive script, which means that the letters are connected to each other, creating a flowing and continuous script.
- Diacritical marks: Arabic fonts use diacritical marks to indicate vowel sounds and other important features, such as elongation or emphasis.
- Calligraphic design: Arabic fonts are often designed with a calligraphic style, which emphasizes the beauty of the letters and the strokes used to create them.
- Right-to-left orientation: Arabic fonts are written from right to left, which is the opposite of most Western writing systems.
- Ligatures: Arabic fonts use ligatures, which are special characters that combine two or more letters into a single shape, making the writing more efficient.
- Thicker lines: Arabic fonts typically have thicker lines than other scripts, which adds weight and emphasis to the letters.
- Decorative elements: Some Arabic fonts have decorative elements, such as dots or curls, that add complexity and visual interest to the letters.
Best Fonts in Canva with an Arabic Style
1. Childos Arabic
Childos Arabic Font Family was designed by Nur Syamsi, and Bustanul Arifin and published by NamelaType. Childos Arabic contains 5 styles and family package options.
2. Madani Arabic
Madani Arabic is the new version of Madani with the addition of Arabic glyphs, for Arabic, Urdu, and Farsi. The basic form of Arabic font refers to the Arabic kufi style, with a geometric approach to harmony with Latin.
3. Tufuli Arabic
Tufuli is a harmonized Arabic – Latin font with childish characters. The sloping geometric terminal shapes give Tufuli a playful feeling.
Mirza is a body text typeface based on the Naskh script, with 4 different weights. The design aims to observe the rules of Arabic and Persian aesthetics with the help of ligatures. Mirza includes a Latin typeface designed in harmony with Arabic, to make it useful for multilingual texts.
Amiri is a classical Arabic typeface in the Naskh style for typesetting books and other running text. Its design is a revival of the beautiful typeface pioneered in the early 20th century by Bulaq Press in Cairo, also known as Amiria Press, after which the font is named.
Habeba font is a bold typeface that features highly contrasted strokes coupled with strong cuts and edges for a powerful and crispy feel. Its letters were originally inspired by Naskh’s calligraphic style while adding a contemporary approach.
Tarif is a typeface family inspired by the multicultural utopia of Convivencia – the peaceful coexistence of Muslims, Christians, and Jews in tenth-century Andalusia that played an important role in bringing to Europe the classics of Greek philosophy, together with Muslim culture and aesthetics.
Araboto is a simple geometric Arabic typeface, with six weights. You can use it in a variety of uses from printing to web and mobile.
Siwa is a Multilingue typeface that was created for screens and daily uses, with a simple timeless geometric design to merge the modern requirements with the traditional rules of calligraphy, comes with 9 weights, and supports an OpenType feature for more than 90 languages, includes all the languages that based on Latin and Arabic letters, also support the Indian, Latin, Persian and Urdu numbers.
Almarai is a modern Arabic typeface family in 4 weights. The font was created by Boutros™ for optimal readability and suitability for both online and offline applications. Almarai’s beauty lies in its clarity and simplicity. Beneath the font’s geometric look lies a strict adherence to calligraphic structure and rules. Each letter has been crafted with careful attention to detail, retaining subtle hints of handwriting.
I hope you found this guide on the best Arabic fonts in Canva, useful! Be sure to check out our blog for more article covering the essential tips, tricks, and advice for Canva! Also, if you haven’t already tried CanvaPro, you can try it for free for 30 days!